I first made this a couple of months ago in the depths of the winter, and have since re-created it several times. It’s an easy go-to – nutritious, versatile, meal and can made in bulk.
Mix & match with whatever you have on hand. Here’s what I did to use as a guide:
- 1 box of Trader Joe’s veggie broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- Handful of green beans
- 1 package of Thai brown rice noodles
- 2 organic pasture-raised hard boiled eggs (optional)
- Seasonings for taste & immune boosting: salt, pepper, & turmeric
Method: combine broth and water in a pot, bringing to a boil. Add in the veggies except the shredded carrots, reducing to a simmer. Add in the noodles and carrots, following the cooking time on the package. You could add in the hard boiled eggs here too, or cook separately.
Scoop, soup, and enjoy!