I love pesto sauce, but I love it even more when it’s made with avocado, because #bae.
The avocado gives this pesto sauce a smooth, creamy texture. Plus it’s nutritious – full of fiber, folate, and Vitamin K.
The other benefit? It’s dairy-free.
Like everything else I make, it’s quick and easy (#efficient). Refrigerate up to five days and use for anything your heart desires.
Some of my favorite ways to use this sauce/spread:
- Tossed with zucchini noodles or pasta (easy for lunches and dinners)
- Topped over an omelet
- Spread over toast, gg crackers, or pizza
- Baked with chicken or salmon
- Dipping sauce for veggies (like carrots, cucumbers, celery)
Avocado Pesto Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- Handful basil (like 1 cup)
- 1 C walnuts (could substitute for cashews soak before)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 – 1 C Olive Oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice or 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper for taste
Place all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.
Try it out for your next #meatlessmonday and bring it to your upcoming family party, I promise it’ll be a hit!